Hi, I’m Andrew.
I’m a finance professional, writer, and Crossfit enthusiast, and I’m curious about one thing: how can we live better lives?
How can we be healthier? Happier? Smarter? More productive? Have fulfilling relationships, careers, and lives that we truly enjoy?
These are the most popular posts I’ve written in the past ten years:
- The number one way to increase your productivity, get healthier, and become a happier person
- How I got fired from my dream job — and what I learned
- The secrets of being likeable
- What I learned from two years of online poker
- Focus on the fundamentals
For a full list of everything I’ve ever written, you can click here.
The Core Principles
In my career and personal life, I’ve seen a couple of common themes emerge among individuals and companies that achieve their goals:
- Extreme ownership: the acceptance that you, and you alone, are responsible for everything that happens in your domain.
- A focus on process rather than outcomes: winning championships doesn’t come from playing well in one game; it comes from turning up to practice and training hard every day.
- Relentlessly practice and master the basics: if you want to write concertos, you need to be able to write sheet music. If you want to play basketball, you need to be able to run, shoot, jump and pass. No way around it.
- Continuous improvement: if you’re standing still, you’re going backward. Make small steps forward, every single day.
If you can make these themes a big part of your life, I believe you can be successful in your domain – however you choose to define that success.
And I want to help you get there.
Sign up below to receive my weekly email newsletter with all the interesting things I’ve read and written that week. No spam, ever, I promise.